I set a target to write a blog for a year. Well, I did. Now …
Eight reasons why writing a blog has been a good thing for me.
1. The discipline to write and post once a week
2. To connect with new people
3. To take time to reflect
4. The garden, photos and writing all link together
5. To join the Big Bee Count and the Big Butterfly Count and share
6. To walk the dog – with purpose, giving me time to think about the blog post
7. To learn eg. – about Lady Bird Johnston and her ‘Beautification Programme’
8. To read and review books
Funnily enough, one of the things I had to learn was to give myself a holiday from the blog!
So, what next?
A new target.
This year I’d like to write a fortnightly blog and continue with the other types of writing I love; writing for children, short stories, poems and so on.
I hope you’ll join me along the way and I’d welcome your feedback!
Time to switch the kettle on, love!
6 thoughts on “A Year of Writing”
I m glad it’s continuing – it’s a little ray of sunshine.
Oh, thank you, that’s very encouraging – just what I need!
Good for you, Sareen! Always enjoy reading whatever you write x
Thank you Jenny, so kind, I really appreciate it!
Congratulations, Sareen. Blogging weekly for a year is no mean achievement. I’m so glad you’ve decided to continue. Peeks into your garden and writing life brighten my day. xx
What a lovely thing to say, thank you so much, Rae! Your encouragement means a lot to me.