I’ve decided to try to learn a few Latin (and other common) names for the flowers, plants and trees in my house and garden.
11. Wallflower – Erysimum cheiri
10. Rosemary – Rosmarinus officinale
9. Comfrey – Symphytum Officinale
8. Primrose – Primula vulgaris
Lenten/ Easter/ Butter /Early/ Golden rose.
7. Iris x germanica.
Iris was the Greek god of rainbows. Bearded iris.
6. Amaryliss – Hippeastrum
5. The spider plant – Chlorophytum comosum
4. Peace Lily – Spathyphyllum wallisii.
3. Today’s flower is known as Sedum, Autumn Joy. It truly is a delight in the autumn with it’s cheery red flower clusters.
Sedum – Hylotelephium spectabile
2. Today’s flower is Borage – a plant the bees absolutely love. Star plant.
Borage – Borago officinalis
- I’m starting off with the Cornflower, the flower that reminds my Mum of her childhood garden.
Cornflower – Centaurea cyanus
All photos taken by and © Sareen McLay.